Sunday 19 March 2017

L'épuisement

Having upped my training over recent weekends - and after a busy week - I arrived at this weekend needing a break. I had hoped to put in some more training, but my energy levels were pretty low. I have a two-day training weekend next week, so it was not worth pushing myself and risking injury.

I thought I would take the opportunity to work on something else that I might need to ride four stages of the Tour de France - re-learning French!

Here is what I have been working on so far:
  • Gauche / droite / tout droite - Left / right / straight on
  • Où se trouve la toilette la plus proche - Where is the nearest toilet?
  • Excusez-moi, je suis terriblement désolé de vous déranger, mais je suis complètement perdu dans un pays inconnu - Excuse me, I am terribly sorry to trouble you, but I am completely lost in an unfamiliar country
  • Y at-il un raccourci à travers la montagne? Ou en dessous? - Is there a short cut through the mountain? Or underneath it?
  • Combien plus loin? - How much further do I have to go?
  • Vraiment, combien plus loin? - No come on, how much further do I really have to go?
  • Aidez-moi, s'il vous plaît, j'ai fait une erreur - Please help me, I am starting to question my life choices
  • Si je vous donne €15, s'il vous plaît, pourrions-nous échanger des vies pour les quatre prochains jours - If I give you €15, please could we swap lives for the next four days?
The charity bit
I am raising money for the fantastic William Wates Memorial Trust. WWMT gives funding and support to organisations and projects which help disadvantaged young people by keeping them away from a life of crime.

I have already contacted two Bristol charities to encourage them to seek funding from the Trust and am aware that at least one of them is working on an application.

My fundraising page is http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TomHoldaway. 

Shout outs:
Thank you to Ben and Emma (and the kids) for sponsoring me. I am very grateful for your donation.  

To anybody else reading this, I would be really grateful if you could please visit my fundraising page. A donation of any size will help a lot.

Merci de lire ce blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment