Monday 20 February 2017

Hills, hills, hills

First of all, apologies to Destiny's Child for bringing the name of their fifth best song* into disrepute.

I decided on the title to this blog as I descended a hill for the second time. I thought about going up the same hill again for a third time, but wasn't sure "hill, hill, hill" would work quite the same so I decided to venture up a couple of other ones. As it turned out, I did go up that hill a third time a bit later on. Because I am a fool.

More interestingly, this week I cycled 100km in one go! I got to around 75km and thought I would see if I could push myself a bit further and get to three figures.

It was all going well until just before 90km in, when the world started to feel like a dark, lonely, painful place. Shortly after that I remembered I had some sweets in my pocket, though, and everything felt better!

Unsurprisingly I ached when I got home, and again the following morning, but I was quite pleased with my achievements so far. 

Shout outs:
Thank you to everyone who is helping me with this. A big shout out goes to Alan and Carolyn for sponsoring me - thank you so much for your donation.

To anybody else reading this, please visit my fundraising page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TomHoldaway. It still has a picture of a dog on a bike on it. A donation of any size will help a lot. 

Thank you for reading!
 
 
* Probably not that controversial. Also worthy of note for the uninitiated are Say My Name (a sad tale about forgetfulness), Bugaboo (about an insect ghost or something - not in the top five) and Bootylicious (a tragic tale about somebody who filled up on dinner and isn't quite ready for pudding).

No comments:

Post a Comment